Argent Business Consultants are upfront and transparent about our business practices and encourage you to read our policies.
2. This website is subject to the copyright of Argent Business Consultants and cannot be copied, shared, transcribed, printed or transferred onto any physical medium or electrical storage medium, that includes but is not limited to sections of the website and or any collection of words, without the express written consent of Argent Business Consultants. For the avoidance of doubt, any unauthorised and or non-consensual processing of data on this website, including but not limited to the copying and or printing of any text, will result in legal action and or a complaint to the Data Protection Commission.
3. The content on this website is for general information purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor expert opinion nor should any information be relied upon without independent legal advice.
4. Argent Business Consultants, nor their employees, agents or servants, provide any warranty and or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, credibility, veracity or suitability of information and or materials on this website.
5. The use of this website does not create, bestow or otherwise confer any form of contractual relationship, professional relationship or any form of duty of care on Argent Business Consultants and any user of the website and or any third party.
6. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Argent Business Consultants and includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited except with express written consent from Argent Business Consultants.
7. Your use of this website site and or any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the jurisdictions and or laws of the Republic of Ireland.
8. In the event of any term being found incapable of being enforced then the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect to the strongly possible extent in law.
1. The data controller is Argent Business Consultants.
3. How we process personal data depends on whether we act as a data controller and or a data processor depending on the circumstances.
Where we act as a data controller that processes personal data.
4. Our lawful grounds of processing include:
b. To enter into and or perform a contract,
c. To comply with a legal obligation,
d. To further our legitimate interest(s), and or,
e. Where processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person.
5. We only processes the following categories of personal data that are provided by the data subject that are necessary to process under the circumstances:
a. Data subject’s name,
b. Data subjects contact details (address, email, phone number, etc.), and or,
c. Any other relevant data a data subject may provide to use in order for us to provide a consultancy service on a case-by-case basis. For example, if a data subject sought advice from us on being the subject of a data breach then we may need to know the categories of personal data that were subject to the data breach in order to advise the data subject accordingly.
6. We do not process special categories of data as a matter of course. However, we may, only on a case-by-case basis and only where necessary, process special categories of personal data of a specific data subject and or data subjects as volunteered and or provided to us by a data subject(s) in order to provide consultancy services and or advise under the circumstances. For example, if a data subject sought advice from us on being the subject of a data breach then we may need to know the special categories of personal data that were subject to the data breach in order to advise the data subject accordingly.
7. We only use information that you provide to us for the following specific purposes;
a. to provide you with information about our services that you have requested,
b. in order to enter into, negotiate terms and or perform any contract with you,
c. in order to comply with any legal obligation, duty and or responsibility,
d. in order to prevent, detect and or report crime and or any suspected criminal activity.
e. in order to promote and or protect our legitimate interests, and or,
8. We do not use your personal data for any Marketing and or Advertising purposes.
Where we act as a data processor and or processes personal data for the benefit of and or on behalf of a data controller.
9. We provide consultancy services to data controllers (such as employers, businesses, etc.) who may depend on various and or different lawful grounds of processing data subjects’ personal data.
10. In such instances, we may act as data processor to a data controller (the business/entity to whom we provide consultancy services to) in the processing of data subjects personal data.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following applies regardless of whether we act as a data controller and or data processor.
14. All data processed will be held as confidential, secure, will be used only for the purposes for which it was collected and will be destroyed or deleted once is it no longer necessary in accordance with our data retention policy.
15. We have a standard data retention period of seven years and may retain specific personal data longer if we identify a lawful ground to continue processing personal date under the Data Protection Act 2018 and or GDPR (e.g. to pursue a legal claim, tax records, etc. )
16. We have reasonable security measures in place that include physical security (such as physical locks, alarms, etc.) and antivirus, encryption and multi-factor authentication in order to protect personal data.
17. Argent Business Consultants does not engage in any automated decision-making processes nor do we use any personal data as a basis for any such automated decisions.
18. We may outsource some commercial activities to third parties that are based within Ireland, within the jurisdiction of the Data Protection Act 2018, such as debt collection or referring a legal matter to a solicitor. Any such outsourcing will be subject to an appropriate data processing agreement in place.
19. We do not transfer personal data outside the jurisdiction of, or application of, the General Data Protection Regulation. However, we may outsource some commercial activities and or and or engage with some third-party service providers based within the EU that may share data within other EU member states (e.g. back up, storage facilities, etc.) and such third-party suppliers are subject to the ‘One Stop Shop Mechanism’ as identified by the Irish Data Protection Commission.
20. We may also outsource some commercial actives to third parties that are based outside the EU but GDPR still applies to any data processed as a result, in accordance with GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018 and practice directives issued by the Irish Data Protection Commission such as the EU-US Privacy shield.
For example, we are based in the Republic of Ireland but we use FreeAgent CRM accountancy software that is based in the United Kingdom and, as such, requires the storage and or ‘back up’ of data to the UK. Such transfer of personal data is permitted by the Irish Data Protection Commission in accordance with the ‘One Stop Shop Mechanism’ and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR. For more information on lawful international transfers of personal data, the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR, please visit the Data Protection Commission’s website www.dataprotection.ie.
21. If you decide to use our consultancy services we may put in place a specific data processing agreement with you based on your particular requirements and said data processing agreement will identify any proposed or actual processing of specific categories of personal data, including any relevant special categories of personal data, that may be specifically applicable to you, and or that may be processed by necessity in order for us to provide you with any service you request from us.
22. We do not sell your data to any third parties.
23. We do not use your personal data for any marketing or advertising purposes as we rely on our reputation and or ‘word of mouth’ for most of our business.
26. For full information on all data subject’s rights and or to refer any matter to the Data Protection Commission, please visit www.dataprotection.ie.
3. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or the device you use to access this website ().
6. For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org
7. Our website was designed and hosted via Wix and has cookies that are necessary in order to provide and or use the website. For full information on Wix and their necessary cookies please visit www.wix.com/about/privacy.
8. We also use Google Analytics for the purposes of reviewing our website. For full information on Google Analytics and their cookies, please visit www.policies.google.com/privacy.
9. Below is a list of cookies that can be found on this website:
Cookie ID Party Expiration Source Description
ForceFlashSite 3rd Session Wix Sets display of site
hs 3rd Session Wix Used for security
XSRF-TOKEN 3rd Session Wix Used for security
SSR-caching 3rd Session Wix Site rendering
svSession 3rd 2 years Wix Identifies unique visitors
_utma 3rd 2 years Google Analytics Identifies unique visitors
_utmb 3rd 2 years Google Analytics Determines visitor session
_utmc 3rd - Google Analytics Determines visitor session
_utmz 3rd 6 months Google Analytics Tracks traffic source & navigation
11. For more information about how cookies can be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDRP please visit the Data Protection Commission’s website at www.dataprotection.ie